|Company:||PSI of Maryland|
Position: Purchasing Assistant
Packaging Services Industries, Inc., began production in 1976 and represents a family of privately owned businesses located in Maryland (MD) and Pennsylvania (PA). Since our inception, PSI has expanded to three plants, located in the Mid-Atlantic region and is staffed by over 350 employees. We feel this progress is directly attributed to our philosophy: to tailor our products to our customers' needs and to provide exemplary customer service - always with product guarantee! We believe our success depends on satisfying the customer and establishing a long record of performance that provides our customers with the quality they expect.
We are seeking a Purchasing Assistant for our Williamsport, MD facility to work with our Purchasing team. We are looking for a self-motivated and detail oriented professional who wants to work hard, develop a strong commitment to solving customers' packaging needs, and grow with our company. Our ideal candidate will have Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Communicate with vendors through email and phone communication displaying high standard of professionalism.
- Enter products specs into Amtech system
- Place orders with vendors
- Review and approve invoices for payment
- Assist in investigation of defects, damages, and other quality related issues
- Contact vendors; follow up on POs and obtain any needed info
- Update and maintain prices in Amtech system
- Maintain vendor files for materials purchased
- Research and compare vendor pricing
- Order and distribute office supplies
- Verify POs for accuracy
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 3+ years purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate knowledge and experience with order fulfillment systems, Amtech preferred
- Intermediate experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Professionalism to be able to work well with internal departments as well as outside vendors
- Highly organized, proactive, and possess strong follow up and investigative skills
- Solid ability to multi-task in a busy work environment with the ability to adjust and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Great attitude and phone etiquette are required
- Strong ability to work independently and as part of a team
In addition to a competitive pay and benefit package, PSI offers an opportunity for advancement in a rewarding work environment.