Corrugated Packaging Designer
|Title:||Corrugated Packaging Designer|
Position: Corrugated Packaging Designer
Packaging Services Industries, Inc., began production in 1976 and represents a family of privately owned businesses located in Maryland (MD) and Pennsylvania (PA). Since our inception, PSI has expanded to three plants, located in the Mid-Atlantic region and is staffed by over 350 employees. We feel this progress is directly attributed to our philosophy: to tailor our products to meet our customers' needs and to provide exemplary customer service - always with product guarantee!
We believe our success depends on satisfying the customer and establishing a long record of performance that provides our customers with the quality they expect. PSI has built our reputation on being able to develop and deliver custom cardboard packaging products to assist our customers with their packaging challenges.
Our staff is composed of uniquely qualified corrugated box professionals that can help with every step of the custom cardboard packaging process. Our Structure Designers and Graphic Designers are trained to take any product, no matter how fragile or oddly shaped, and custom engineer high quality corrugated boxes to suit our customers' specific needs.
We are hiring a Corrugated Packaging Designer for our McAdoo, PA location. This is a design position for a creative and detail oriented individual with experience in corrugated, digital, foam fabrication and display design. The successful candidate will be motivated by the challenge of developing structural design solutions for our corrugated packaging and display customers. You will be working closely with other members of our Design, Sales and Production teams.
In this job, you will:
- Apply advance design skills in the creation of designs for packaging and/or point of service displays for new and existing PSI customer product
- Evaluate customer needs and expectations and translate them into drawings, designs and prototypes within the manufacturing capabilities of the plant
- Develop designs and recommend materials and production methods that will meet customer requirements and efficiently utilize plant equipment
- Creates samples of designs for customer inspection
- Act as a liaison between clients, vendors and internal staff regarding project status, resource availability, design feasibility and scheduling
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Structural Design, Engineering, or an Associate's Degree in Drafting and Design.
- 3+ years of previous experience with packaging and point of purchase display creation and design.
- Strong working knowledge of Computer Assisted Design (CAD) software and Microsoft Office are required.
- Experience in the corrugated industry with a technical understanding of corrugated packaging design, cutting dies and printing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills .
In addition to a competitive pay and benefit package, PSI offers an opportunity for advancement in a rewarding work environment.