Machine Operator (1st Shift)
|Title:||Machine Operator (1st Shift)|
|Company:||PSI of Maryland|
Position: Machine Operator (1st and 2nd shifts)ABOUT US
Packaging Services Industries, Inc., began production in 1976 and represents a family of privately owned businesses located in Maryland (MD) and Pennsylvania (PA). Since our inception, PSI has expanded to three plants, located in the Mid-Atlantic region and is staffed by over 350 employees. We feel this progress is directly attributed to our philosophy: to tailor our products to meet our customers' needs and to provide exemplary customer service - always with product guarantee! We believe our success depends on satisfying the customer and establishing a long record of performance that provides our customers with the quality they expect.
The PSI Group in Williamsport MD, a leading manufacturer of corrugated boxes, is seeking Machine Operators and Assistant Machine Operators to join our team. Machine Operators set up and operate the machines safely to produce our specialty products. Good attendance is a must!
- Ensure the safe operation of all machinery and adhere to all safety rules and initiatives.
- Oversee machine operations to ensure minimal downtime and excellent finished product quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment issues that happen.
- Maintain proper documentation and machine entries for each job.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety first mentality.
- Mechanical skills.
- Basic knowledge of industrial machinery.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team oriented approach.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to enter product specifications into the computers.
- Ability to handle physical workload, up to 50 pounds.
- Strong troubleshooting experience.
- Basic math skills required (fractions, decimals, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication).
In addition to a competitive pay and benefit package, PSI offers an opportunity for advancement in a rewarding work environment.