|Company:||PSI of Maryland|
Position: Material HandlerABOUT US
Packaging Services Industries, Inc., began production in 1976 and represents a family of privately owned businesses located in Maryland (MD) and Pennsylvania (PA). Since our inception, PSI has expanded to three plants, located in the Mid-Atlantic region and is staffed by over 350 employees. We feel this progress is directly attributed to our philosophy: to tailor our products to meet customer needs and to provide exemplary customer service - always with product guarantee!
The PSI Group in Williamsport MD, a leading manufacturer of corrugated boxes, is seeking Material Handlers to join our 2nd shift team. The core schedule for this position is Monday through Thursday (3:30pm to 1:30am) and may require the ability to work overtime on occasion. Material Handlers will be responsible for the safe loading, unloading, storage and transportation of materials and finished goods in our manufacturing facility. In addition to manual operations, the safe operation of various equipment to move, load, unload, store, and transport materials and finishing product within our manufacturing facility will include operation of fork trucks, turret trucks, manual pallet jacks, and powered pallet jacks. Some situations may require the ability to move the materials manually. Good attendance is a must!.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety First Mentality
- 3 - 5 years Fork Lift Operator/Material Handler experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work 10 hr shifts, Mon through Thurs 3:30pm to 1:30am
- Knowledge of safe fork lift operations.
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 pounds
- Physical ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Physical ability to bend, reach, stoop, crouch or kneel for extended periods of time
- General knowledge of computer and bar code scanning systems
To be successful in this position, you must be willing to make a commitment of time and effort to become part of a team producing quality corrugated boxes in a safe, drug free environment. Experience in operating fork lifts in a manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
In addition to a competitive pay and benefit package, PSI offers an opportunity for advancement in a rewarding work environment.